NCSEA’s annual meeting and conference, Making Energy Work, highlighted many green energy victories for North Carolina in 2011:
- the renewable energy and energy efficiency sectors generated $3,100,000,000 in gross revenues for the year
- North Carolina is home to two of the Nation’s fastest growing Fortune 50 companies – both renewable energy businesses
- the clean energy sector is responsible for 14,800 “full time equivalent” jobs
- the clean energy sector grew by 18.4 percent
- clean energy firms have offices located in 87 of North Carolina’s 100 counties
- the state boasts 1,500 commercial and government energy efficient buildings – roughly 130 million square feet
Speakers and attendees widely noted that far more benefits from this economic sector exist via improvements to the State’s Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard and state level energy efficiency programs for the homes and businesses of North Carolina’s 9 million plus citizenry.
For more information, read NCSEA’s 2011 Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Industries Census HERE.